B-12 injections benefits:
Help with weight loss
Improves your metabolism
- Increases concentration & mood
- Increases your energy levels & fights fatigue
- Better sleep
Boosts your immune system
May increase hair growth or stop hair loss
- Reduces heart disease
- Helps with neurocognitive disorders
- Improves coordination problems (ataxia)
- Improves peripheral neuropathy
- Improves vision loss
- Helps with nfertility (although this usually resolves with B-12 treatment)
- Neural tube defects in the babies of women with B-12 deficiency
Are B12 shots safe?
Yes, taking Vitamin B12 is very safe.
There is a small risk of developing redness at the injection site but it can be minimized by using proper techniques and making sure to use an antiseptic prior to application.
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin which means that high levels in the blood will be urinated out.
There is no real risk of developing Vitamin B12 toxicity unless you have chronic and severe kidney function (meaning your urination isn’t normal).
Outside of these issues vitamin B12 shots are very well tolerated.